Sunday, November 16, 2008

"are you ready to get your jingle on?"...

jeffrey & me...when we were just babies ourselves!!! 2002


i was "tagged" by a good friend with this question...and the reflexive, immediate answer that comes to my mind is YES, OF COURSE! and then i have to make sure we're talking about the same thing, uh - christmas...because i certainly may not be ready to get anything else but a jingle on...


ella's 1st christmas - 2004


*sigh*

and then i really ponder this question, and realize that i seem to be getting everyone else ready to "get their jingle on"...while neglecting my own holiday readiness! don't get me wrong...i LOVE making other people happy & my painting has definitely grown to be that "missing" something in my life...but somehow i gotta find the balance!


christmas 2005


i absolutely LOVE christmas time...i have already stocked my 6 disc changer with christmas tunes, already gotten the girls some christmas threads, and am looking into getting our christmas tree before thanksgiving!!!!! i LOVE christmas commercials, made for tv christmas movies, sitting in my living room that is only lit by the lights on my HUMONGOUS tree, lighting gingerbread & balsam pine candles and letting them burn all day, dreaming about all the family & friends that i will visit with during the holidays, watching my children enjoy their own holiday moments...i truly love it all...

there is a little unwelcomed guest this year though...

that other little part of christmas 2008 that makes my heart sink...while the wound of the "move" has certainly scabbed over...it's still there. my mind doesn't wander back to those days as often, but the emotions of last year are still very real. i loved decorating my new home last christmas...in fact, it was completely "holidayed" by november 15th! that home, which represented way more than a dwelling place for my family, holds so many memories. we managed to pack a lot of fun into a short amount of time there...and for some reason, as the holidays approach...i miss epernay loop. a lot. a whole lot. i miss the fact that when we left, "reindeer food" could still be found on the sidewalk, i will miss the look on my little girl's faces from the balcony on christmas morning, i will miss decorating my banister with garland & lights, i will miss the tree farm where we got our tree for 7 fun years...and while we're on the subject...i miss my hardwood floors (i know that's not holiday related...but i have a serious case of the misses for those!!!!)

we are planning to head south this christmas & for that i am very thankful. we'll see if the thankful attitude is still in tact after a 20 hour car trip with two littles under the age of 5...
if i can't be at epernay loop...i at least want to be with my family!!!!! i certainly know what my christmas wish will be this year...and it won't be for my 2 front teeth!!!!!



the girls...christmas 2006


couldn't leave out my sweet maddie...she arrived 12 days later!!!!


i know in my heart that memories will be made no matter where we dwell...and i know that is the most important part. now i just need to get into "jingle" mode and start whipping up some "gifties" for my peeps...i know the rest will fall into place...because the 25th is coming whether i am ready or not!!!!!!


the girls - christmas 2007

tag your it: megsy, the donleys, christi, and megan

oh yeah…39 days and counting…

1 comment:

Cavers said...

I LOVE looking at all the pictures! I am in full Christmas mode. I got my tree this weekend and it is just so beautiful! Sat. night after the kids were in bed I sat down with hot apple cider and just looked at the tree. We will be home for 2 weeks for Christmas. We will have to get together!