Wednesday, June 22, 2011

the weirdest, yummiest recipe...

the following recipe is going to knock your socks off for several reasons...
1. it sounds positively dreadful
2. it is absolutely delicious!!!

jeffrey has been doing this serious diet...which means meredith has been doing it somewhat...so when he asked me to buy kale at the store, i have to admit...there was a teensy bit of eye rolling...and gagging!!!!!! HA!

while i watched him fixing this, i thought to myself "ain't no way i'm trying that!"...but when he came in grinning from ear to ear and exclaiming that i would love them...i had to try!

OMG...oh. my. gosh.

they are actually edible...and tasty. it's hard to admit!!!! it seems that ava is addicted!!!! score one for the home team!!! without further delay...here is the incredibly simple recipe. i dare you to try it...and let me know what you think!!!!

kale crisps (kale chips)

wash your bunch of kale. tear into small pieces being sure to remove the hard, woody stem from the leaves.
mix 1T of olive oil & 1/2T of balsamic vinegar and pour over the kale pieces. mix thoroughly making sure all pieces are coated. place small pieces on cookie sheet (we lined ours with parchment paper) and sprinkle with sea salt to taste. bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes until the pieces appear crispy. ***this is super important...because if they're not crispy...they're not tasty!!!***

go ahead...be skeptical! i sure was! i can assure you that in all my 34+ years...kale has never touched my lips...but folks, these are like lays potato chips. seriously.

if i'm lying...i'm dying. :)

please try this & let me know how you like 'em...truly one of the craziest things ever!!!

3 comments:

Becky said...

Hahaha. My hairdresser told me about them and you are correct they are delicious. Was totally skeptical but once you've tried them.....and so healthy.

Mama Mia said...

I saw this on Hungry Girl on food network! Glad to know she wasn't lying! I will have to try them now :)

The Davidson Den said...

Gurrll, y'all are behind the times!! ;)
http://davidsonden.blogspot.com/2010/10/kale-krisps.html

Yum!!