Monday, October 6, 2008

"mommy, i got the letter bag..."

these were the exuberant words coming out of my sweet ella's mouth when i picked her up from school today...the letter of the week is "H"...and she needed a show & tell...for tomorrow!

i put my thinking cap on and got to work trying to "google" every preschool snack ever made - because who wouldn't want to eat while learning the alphabet! i figured the typical items like a hammer or hippo were has beens (even i can get into this "h" thing!!!)...so i decided to be as original as possible!

well, the decision was made to create hamburger cookies! ella & i had fun sandwiching together vanilla wafers and peppermint patties to simulate "sliders"! we squirted some red icing on for ketchup...if i was really an overachiever, i would have used yellow and green for mustard and pickles - maybe in another life, during another "H" week!

*sigh*

here's a pic of my little one...with the letter bag...filled with hamburger cookies! i can't believe she is old enough to be learning phonics...just yesterday i was changing her diapers and making her baby food...my how time flies when you are really in love!
on a side note...the smallest little in this family has a momentous day tomorrow! miss madeline is going to attend her first day of mother's day out! jeffrey is not too sure about this decision - quite frankly i'm not either - but we are just going to give it a trial run. since i have started my painting business, i just feel that i need some "paint" time that doesn't involve sweet one hanging on my leg...or require me to stay up 'til 2 a.m. every night! she still seems like such a little baby to me and i can't imagine her eating from a lunch box, going to music, or playing on the play ground without me. but life happens. and she is growing up. and this may be good for her. if not, this mommy has no problem having an appendage or sleeping when i'm dead...but if we could all win - why not!!!!!! i love that little person...and it's going to break my heart to leave her tomorrow...but hopefully, she will love it as much as her sister! there will most definitely be an update on her "first day" after the fact!

Hope everyone Has a Happy, Happy day!

(let's hope no one totes any morning breath to preschool!!!!!!)

3 comments:

Liz Folds said...

What a cute idea! I'm sharing with Christina so she can maybe do that for Amelia in 3 1/2 years.

Aunt Liz

Christi Johnson said...

I am laughing so hard, because Raelee and I do the same thing every week on Fridays. We start on Monday deciding what to do for the letter of the week, show and tell. If we are starting this early..what are we to do when we are in PTA?????!!!! : )

Meredith for the Davises said...

you are the best mom EV-AH! i need to make those for ley's snack on my day this month! adorable...i got your voicemail my dear--madden and i have been attempting to use the potty this week so things have been hairy around here! (like they aren't always!?!) loves you...and the post on mad's first day of mother's day out...oh my, i can't believe it! your baby separating from you like that...it's a dog-gone miracle! she is so cute, my mere...wish i could see the whole lot of you...oh--you went to walmart by yourself today and i went with THREE kids--oy vey!