Sunday, December 23, 2007

goodbyes are never easy...

especially for me. last night, my little family had to say goodbye to our precious neighbors...and my heart is heavy. many tears were shed. i have been knowing that the time was coming but nothing can prepare you for the whirlwind of emotions. my 3 1/2 year old angel wiped her mommie's tears and asked me if she could make a funny face to make me feel better...after which she added "are you crying happy tears now?"! what would we do without our children?

john and julia (our neighbors) are embarking on an exciting new journey in dallas, texas and we are so excited to see what is in store for them. selfishly though, i feel like someone has stolen my blanket. with jeffrey being gone so much, j & j became such a source of comfort and security for me...not to mention they are AMAZING friends! i have no doubt that we will see them often but nothing will compare to having them within reach...literally!

as i reflect on 2007, i can hardly believe that this time last year, my precious maddie was still in my tummy and i had NO IDEA that we would possibly me moving. we were planning so many things...who could have seen that one coming...but i am also so grateful that my family was blessed to have grown by two more members...we definitely consider john and julia one of the price clan!

we are hoping that some wonderful people will move into 205 epernay loop and fill it with as much love and laughter as it once had...but we know there is NEVER going to be a replacement for the marshall's. neighbors like that are few and far between. my sweet ella will never think of that house as anything but "john and julia's". frankly, neither will i.

thank you, john and julia. thank you for loving my family and sharing yourselves with us. we will never forget 2007 and all the good times we had. you guys are the best and we love you.

No comments: